Monday 15 June 2015

ALBUM COVER

I found that using Photoshop helped me to create this image really easily. We hasd a set of instructions which had helped us when it came to choosing our band name, album title and picking an image for our album cover. 


Firstly we had to get our band name, we got this from the website randomly-generated Wikipedia article, which will randomly select us a name, I had received the name Jauzé.  
We then had to get ourselves a Album title, so we had to use the last four/five words from a quote from this website page of random quotations. Lastly we had to go and find a  image from Flickr and upload it onto Photoshop. 
From this we had to make sure that the type of font we used had matched the image picked, not only that but also the colour and the size of the font.  So from the image I used I thought that using the font Herculanum matched the image perfectly, because it makes it look like the album is going to be based on country music. This is why I thought that using this font would be the best. At first I used the font Snell Roundhouse, because it had made the image look like it was based on Spanish music, but I changed it because the Album title did not match the image. I then changed the font colour of the album title, because if I had used the font colour black, then it would be difficult to see which is why I choose the colour white, as this stand out amongst the green grass. 
The positioning of the Band Name and the album cover is also important because we have to be able to tell difference. That is why I decided to put the band name at the top and the album cover at the bottom, because the band name is more important as people would easily be able to recognise the band name. And I put the album title at the bottom, because I felt like even though it isn't at the top, people will still be able to identify the album title because of the colour font that I used. 
And now putting all of this together is how I was able to create my album cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment